Friday, January 4, 2013

Burke {6} Months

Happy half birthday to our boo boo bear, or Burkey, or Bubba, or any other name we're in the mood to call you! I remember thinking when the girls turned 6 months that it was really all going too fast. Sure enough, I can definitely say the same the second time around, as well. My sister, Sam (a baby enthusiast and professional nanny), has always said 6 months is her favorite age. I'm definitely a fan of this age, as well. Chubbiness galore, almost sitting up on his own, and happy happy, happy. What's not to love (aside from these dang ear infections)? 
As opposed to almost every month before this, Burke is now starting to "do" fun things, as well. Here are a few fun things he does:
1. Growls. If you make a growling noise at him, he will "growl" back. It's such a funny, boyish thing. 
2. Goes CRAZY in the bath tub. Holy cow. This kid loves baths, I think, maybe more than he loves me. He kicks and smiles like crazy when he takes one. Every few seconds he'll look up at me with this ornery smile to make sure I'm watching him. I can't wait to see him in the pool this summer!
3. Sitting up (with assistance)! He can now somewhat sit up on his own as long as surrounded by the boppy. He still gets a little tired of holding up that big ole noggin after 15 minutes or so and will need a break, but I'm thinking in the next few weeks he will be more independent while sitting. The girls think it's so much fun when I sit him up and lay all of his toys in front of him to play with. 
4. Infrequent rolling. This guy is just not a big fan of rolling over. In his defense, I'm still not great about putting him on his tummy as much as I probably should. However, about 80% of the time he does get put on his tummy, he immediately rolls over to his back. He's still only gone from back to tummy once, though. He also is starting to curl up his legs under him while on his tummy and has even "scooted" several feet off his play mat. Oy. I'm certainly in no hurry to have a crawler. I'd be perfectly happy with a good sitter and player at this point. ;)
5. Good sleeper (except when ears are infected). Since about 7 weeks, Burke has kicked butt in the sleep department, going 8-10 hours consistently. However, around the 5 month mark he got his first ear infection, and we've been battling one ear or the other ever since. I'm thinking he is headed for tubes like his sisters, which at this point would be such a blessing for this poor little guy. He's one tough, cookie though and is still a smiley pants in spite of it. Right now he goes down around 9:30 and wakes around 1 to eat, then goes back to sleep until 8:30. So I guess I can't complain for this being his "bad" schedule.
6. He still absolutely loves his jumperoo and is liking his play mat less and less (not entertaining enough). He loves to watch his sisters do anything and his face totally lights up any time they talk to him. Melts my heart. Mostly because I can only envision how "annoying" they will probably find each other some day... 

I can't get enough of his cuteness.

A Burke photo shoot isn't complete without the girls needing to be a part of it. After I took several pics of the girls in the crib, Campbell informed me I needed to "take more pictures." Her smile cracks me up in this one.

Lovin' those toes

Sophie wants to hold Burke 24/7. While he loves her from a distance, he's not so trusting she won't body slam him at any moment. Smart boy.

Nice Burkey.

My sweet angel, Campbell. She is acting more and more grown up lately. I absolutely adore her sweet spirit and "big sister" qualities. The only name she uses for Burke these days is "Boo boo boo boo." ;)

The girls L-O-V-E their Rumbles that Santa brought them and sleep with them every night. They also love to lay down on the couch with their milk while they watch cartoons in the morning and insist that I cover them both up. Scratch that. Sophie is the only one who demands I do anything. Little stinker.

Could you look any ornier? She is SUCH a red head! 

My little love bunny.

I'm sure there's a lot I'm forgetting, but currently 2 of my 3 monkeys are crawling all over me and losing patience with me not giving them 100% of my attention. ;)

Have a great weekend!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment