Monday, April 11, 2011

Bib-a-licious

Well, I can't believe it, but S & C are only a few short weeks away from...baby food! It's still so hard to believe my little sweet peas will be eating sweet peas from a spoon by the end of the month. I know next to nothing about how this whole baby food thing works, BUT I am prepared in that I have found a few cute bibs for them to spit up pureed veges onto. Oh, and Kyle and I have thought about getting their highchairs out of the attic and unpacking them out of boxes. But cute bibs are most important, right? Why do I feel it is necessary to get cute bibs you ask? Well, all of the ones we were given as gifts would probably choke the girls they are so small, and many of them had what I refer to as "cheesy sayings" on them like Never Enough Glitter or Mommy thinks I'm cute. And I happen to believe that there is such a thing as too much glitter, and no one needs a bib to state the second obvious statement.  I'm still on the lookout for other cute ones. I did find just some plain, brightly colored ones at Wal-Mart this weekend. I'm tempted to get their little initials monogrammed on them. Well, maybe that's a bit much. With all of the pictures I have a feeling we will be taking of them making funny faces/spitting out all kinds of delicious goop, I figure we should have some cute food catchers, too. My early on goal is to attempt to make their baby food. It sounds like it's cheaper and better for them, but who's to say I will figure out that's way too much work and throw in the towel. We'll see. For now, I'm just super excited to see how they react to something other than milk.
Here are a few of the cute ones I ordered for them:






Bibs found here.



I also hear these types of bibs are supposed to be good? They are a plastic-y fabric that wipes down. And I love that it's called a "super bib" and looks like it covers most of their body. The bigger the better.


And oh how this looks like so much fun. Maybe if we buy this it will make me feel committed to the task of making baby food?

I know most of you probably think I'm NUTS for being excited about dealing with two little green bean slingers, but we are ready for this next big adventure. I'm sure it will test our patience, hand/eye coordination, and duck and cover reflexes.

Bring it on!

2 comments:

  1. I HIGHLY suggest the plastic type bibs.....baby food can stain bibs easily! Also, a trick I was told about starting the baby food (mainly did with the first cereal and pureed food) was to feed them in the lamb seats. They can recline and its easier for them to swallow. Just a suggestion!! Can't wait to see pictures of their cute faces covered in green beans!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved that super bib...one less thing to wash, you know? I just rinsed them in the sink. When the girls are eating solids, the Bjorn bibs are a must! They will dig food out of the little trough - hilarious. Plus, they go in the dishwasher.

    ReplyDelete