Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Big Girls

I know every parent says it, but the girls are literally turning into real little girls (ie. not babies) right before our very eyes. I'm amazed everyday at how much they are growing/learning/changing. Talking about potty training, toddler beds, listening to them string 3-4 words together...it's all too much for this mommy to take in. They are just getting too big too fast. I look back at pictures like this one...



...and wonder where on earth the time has gone. The girls were about a month older than Burke in this picture. Looking at this makes me miss my little twin babies so much. It's amazing to me that I have thoughts like these while I'm in the midst of newborn hell craziness with Burke, and reminded nightly that I miss sleep SO much. Maybe it's not that I miss the insanity that comes with a newborn, but more that I feel so helpless at how I have no control over how quickly the months fly by. Yes, that must be it... ;)

I'm also in denial that I just had to order these for their two year old class they will be in this fall at Mother's Day Out...


Not sure how my crib-loving little girls are going to feel about napping on a mat, but at least it gave me an excuse to get them something cute, right? 

In the meantime, I'm trying to cherish as many moments as possible with this little man, knowing that someday he'll be smiling at me with a mouth full of teeth and running barefoot around the house...


xoxo


1 comment: