Tuesday, January 11, 2011

We have floors!

Well, I'm officially counting down the hours until we get to move into our house! We are hopefully just a few days away from starting the big move if everything goes according to plan (which, with new houses often is not the case, but we are hopeful). The other day I was able to snap a few pics of our gorgeous stained concrete. We decided to use it pretty much everywhere in the house minus the living room, bedrooms, and bathrooms. It turned out even better than I expected, and I love the way it pops against our white baseboards and ivory cabinets in the kitchen.

Our dining area of our kitchen. It's a lot bigger than it looks in this picture.


Our entryway. I can't wait to put up our gallery/picture wall on the "blue wall."

I seriously still can't believe we have been blessed enough to be able to build our own house. I don't think it has sunk in entirely that this really is our house. I've been imagining all the fun things we will be doing in it from having friends over on our back patio and sitting by the outdoor fireplace, to to hanging stockings on our mantle next Christmas, decorating the girls' nursery, taking baths in our awesome jacuzzi tub, cooking in my amazing kitchen, playing with the girls in our big backyard, and even folding clothes in my big laundry room. It has made the last 8 months of being homeless so completely worth it.

And I know I've said it many times, but we are forever in debt to my sister and brother-in-law for making our dreams come true. They have put so much time and effort into making our house amazing. We will never be able to repay them for that. How about I make dinner every night for you guys since you will be just down the street? ;)

I can't wait to show the completed product to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment