Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Mom Chic

In my 3rd month of being a mom, I have learned some valuable lessons in regards to wardrobe: comfort, comfort, and more comfort. Unless I am venturing out into public (which truly is very few days a week), I have no need to wear pants that button. Which is good because very few, if any, of my pants actually button when I put them on. I promised myself I would not be one of those moms that you see on "What Not to Wear", or...


...so lately I have been on a mission to find some comfortable, but still cute mom attire. I have to thank the other cute moms in my life for inspiring me. Especially my sister, who always manages to look cute, but still be comfortable. Here are some staples I've come across:



#1: A cute, fitted hoodie. Old Navy has them for around $20. I also just found a great, light weight zip up one at Forever 21 for $9.



#2: A good, fitted, stretchy black pant. A few weeks ago, I asked my friend Katie (another cute mom) where she got all of her cute, black pants that she always wears. Since then, I've found the ones above at Old Navy, and I also just ordered some cheap ones off of Zulily.




#3: Cute headbands. Ponytails are a mom's best friend, and fun colored headbands are great for making them look less I-just-rolled-out-of-bed-and-fixed-my-hair-ish. I prefer these Lacoste ones that are pretty cheap and you can sometimes find on ebay for cheaper.



#4: Chunky, knitted head scarf. With the frigid temps, this is a must have (for anyone!). My dear friend, Ashley, got one for me last year as a gift, and I received another one for Christmas from my mother-in-law. You can find some cheap ones here and on other great etsy sites. I might also add they are great for covering up roots for the blondes out there.



#5: Chunky neck scarf. Again, you can find these all over etsy. My fashionista youngest sister also found a red one at Target (that I copied). They are great for throwing on over a long sleeve T.



#6: And speaking of long sleeve T's...a plethora of comfortable ones! Again, Gap and Old Navy are known for these.



#7: Cute hairpins. On days that I rarely wear my hair down, I usually have to pin my bangs back. I am getting tired of plain bobby pins, so I stumbled upon some of these on etsy while looking for cute hair stuff for the girls. This girl has them for $1.25 each!



#8: A good hat. I'm a hat girl, but I know not everyone is. I personally prefer them on that 3rd (sometimes 4th) day of not washing my hair, when I could potentially grease a pan with my scalp.


#9: Lip gloss. It's amazing what this can do when you aren't wearing a stitch of make-up anywhere else. This is my current fave (Cover Girl wetslicks fruit spritzers).

I realize I'm far from super fashionable, and most of you probably own a lot of this. I just like sharing good finds, and these are some of my faves.

No comments:

Post a Comment