Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Mother's Day

Well I can officially say that my first Mother's Day was a great day! I mean, who doesn't love another day of the year besides your birthday to get showered with love and appreciation for bringing life into this world? It was also a great day to appreciate the two miraculous blessings that allow me to be a part of this holiday. Considering the many months I wondered if God would grant me the chance to be a mother, this weekend was a great celebration of what He has given us. And my prayers are with those women daily who fight this same struggle day after day. I wish I could hug all of you who know this sadness, but I believe with everything in my heart that if God puts the desire to be a mother in your heart, he will somehow, someday fullfill that desire within you. From the time my sisters and I were little girls, my dad would get us cards on Mother's Day and always write in them that he knew someday we would be great moms (mostly because we had a great mom showing us the ropes!) How wonderful it was this year to have my darlings to celebrate it with! 

What would Mother's Day be without breakfast in bed?

The girls wishing they could help me eat this GIANT pancake.

My beauties


Surprise! Kyle came home from Ace Hardware with the hydrangeas I'd been dying to plant.

The goodies. Roses from my Dad.

Aren't those girls sweet? I think Dad must've helped them a bit with this one. :)

I also got to have 3 glorious hours to go and get a pedicure, massage, and of course, buy some cute dresses for my lovelies while Daddy-O watched the girls. All in all, it was a great weekend to celebrate this amazing blessing of being a mom. I can say with great certainty that my arms and heart are full. A BIG Happy Mother's Day to the many inspiring, incredible, amazing moms (and moms-to-be) I know that encourage me on a daily basis.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment