Friday, February 17, 2012

Baby Boy

Ever since finding out we are going to have a little man, my mind has started spinning on how we are going to decorate his room. Because, you know, it's probably one of the most important things that needs to be done before he gets here. :) Also, I need to figure out how I'm going to take care of 3 children under the age of 2, which seems like a much more daunting task. So for now I'll stick to fun things like bedding, curtains, and wall decor.
Along with any important decorating decision comes many hours spent on pinterest, blogs, and google. I have a rough idea of what I'm thinking about for his room. Since it will also still be doubling as our guest room (we have relatives that live several hours away so it's crucial we have a bed for them), I don't want it to be too "babyish" and keep it fairly neutral with some fun, boyish accents. Here are a few items on my must-have list.

The crib. Yes, we will officially own three cribs by the time baby boy gets here. This one is pretty cheap, like the girls cribs were and we will be purchasing from Target. 

This cute little guy is from etsy. :)



I really am excited about this. I love the faux animal head look. This one is from Z Gallerie, and I can't wait to get it!

Found this print from etsy, as well. So boyish and I love the colors.


And this would be my first official purchase for his room! I knew I wanted to incorporate chevron somehow, so we will be using this print for curtains. I found the fabric HERE for around $7/yard! 

I'm also pining for some fabric for his bedding from THIS website/designer. There are too many cute prints to choose from! I'm not too big on "themes" for rooms, but I guess if it had a theme it would be vintage, forest animal theme. 

And, yes, for now he is still referred to as baby boy. Kyle and I are having quite the dispute when it comes to baby names. I have one I'm really pushing for, and I think he's coming around. Any ideas on how to bribe talk your husband into liking a name? ;)

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Hi i’m Heather! I have a question for you! Please email me :)
    HeatherVonSJ[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete