Wednesday, February 8, 2012

It's a....

BOY! 

It still looks so strange to type that, and to think that I will have a son. I know millions of people every day have sons and daughters, but for some reason, I just could not see myself having anything other than girls! Although I had a "feeling" from the beginning it was a boy (I had the same "feeling" I was having twin girls, too), I kept saying all day that I would be shocked to see blue. And shocked I was indeed! However, amongst my family and most of my friends, it seems I was the only one to be shocked. Everyone seemed to think I was having a boy. My friend, Katie, informed me from the beginning that it was most definitely a boy according to her Chinese calendar (which she swears has only been wrong twice in 10 years), Kyle has called it "baby brother" all along, and my mother in law was so confident as to only bring a boy gift. Man, I certainly have some perceptive people around me! I knew I always had a place in my heart for a boy ever since meeting and falling in love with my sweet nephew, Canon, 3 years ago, but it's still sinking in that we will have a new little man welcomed into our family this July. Kyle and I agree that we feel so incredibly blessed and our family will truly be complete once he enters our lives. I never thought I was one to have the patience to do a "gender reveal party" (and let's be honest, they are super cheesy!), but I saw this cute idea and decided since it will (hopefully) be our last, we should do something fun (and cheesy). I'm so glad we decided to do this. It was unbelievably fun to find out with our families and surprisingly emotional for me. I definitely teared up watching those blue balloons fly up into the sky thinking how lucky we were to get our two sweet girls and now a little boy. And I know Kyle instantly envisioned his future of baseball games, fishing trips, and all the special things he'll get to experience with a son. 

So here are a few pics of our special evening...



The bump at 18 weeks and 2 days. 


Gigi was thinking boy...


...and Daddy and CJ...


...and Papa and Sophie...


...and Sam and D...


...and Nana...are we seeing a trend? Canon also insisted it was a boy and that we should name him Mickey Mouse. :)


The girls both agreed they wanted a little brother to boss around


The final tally. Sara, myself, and Bubba were the only ones leaning more towards girl. 


Before opening


Cutting the tape...


They're BLUE!!


This pic truly captures our immediate reactions! Love the smile on Kyle's face.


High five


Little boy stuff from Nana


All the boy goodies! My mom brought a girl and boy outfit. Aunt Sara also brought over a little blue lovey later that evening for our little guy.


And I had to include some fun pics from earlier that day. This is Kyle at our doctor's appointment wearing a blue sweater...


...and blue socks for "good vibes"


The envelope that had the proof! Can't believe I had this for almost 2 hours before taking it to my mom's sweet friend who filled the box for us. It was SO hard not to peak!

We are beyond thrilled to meet this little man. And another thanks to all of you who have sent sweet messages and phone calls of congratulations. It has been wonderful sharing it with you all.

xoxo

1 comment: