Monday, November 26, 2012

Yummy Crock Pot Meals

I'm pretty sure the cold weather is here to stay. At least this week. Last week I made the first pot roast of the year (but certainly not the last), and now I'm all gung ho about the crock pot because good golly it makes cooking 4,000 times easier around here. After about a 50% success rate of pinterest-found crock pot recipes, I'm a little hesitant to try many new ones. I find myself going to back to the tried and true favorites. So I thought I'd share two of my faves that I plan on making in the next few weeks.

Debbie's Chilli (I have no idea what the name of this is, but my most favorite boss ever used to make it once a year for all the teachers at my school. It's DELISH.)

1 lb. hamburger
1/2 lb. bacon-diced
1/2 c. onion chopped
1/2 c. catsup
1 tsp. salt
3/4 c. brown sugar
1 tsp. mustard
2 T. vinegar
1/2 c. white sugar
1 can pork and beans
1 can red kidney beans
1 can cooked large butter beans
1 can lima beans (optional)

Brown hamburger and bacon in skillet, dump all ingredients into crock pot and cook on low all day. OR Bake 45 minutes at 350. I omit a can or two of the beans because it makes A LOT. And beware...there are still quite a few beans in it! It's amazing with corn bread or over fritos with cheese.

Kay's Taco Soup

1 lb. ground beef
1 can rotel
1 can diced tomatoes and onions
1 can ranch beans
1 pkg. ranch dressing mix
1 pkg. taco seasoning
salt and pepper to taste

Do not drain anything but the meat. Bring all ingredients to a boil then simmer. OR brown meat, drain, then dump everything in crock pot on low. Serve with tortilla chips and cheese or corn bread.

Oh and happy cyber Monday! Hope you all found a deal or two (or three or four like me)! Why is it that Kyle never gets as excited over 50% off sales as I do?

Happy cooking :)

xoxo

P.S. Another oldie but goodie from a few years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment