Monday, October 11, 2010

Cornbread and Crock-Pots

Two things I love about cooler temperatures! Since Kyle and I have the luxury of my mom cooking for us most nights, I thought I would share 2 delicious dishes she made for dinner last night. Word of Warning: You may or may not eat the entire pan of baked corn once you make it. It's by far one of my most favorite things my mom cooks, and if you like cornbread as much as I do, this is like cornbread on crack-heavenly! It's incredibly yummy with any kind of soup, stew, or chilli you make too. I also know that I am always on the look out for new crock-pot recipes. Throwing everything into a pot to cook on its own for 8 hours = my kind of cooking.

Swiss Chicken Casserole
6 boneles, skinless chicken breasts
6 slices Swiss cheese
1 10 1/4 oz. can cream of mushroom soup
1/4 cup milk
2 cups herb stuffing mix
1/2 cup butter, melted
non-stick cooking spray

Spray the Crock-Pot with cooking spray. Arrange the chicken breasts in the stoneware. Top with the cheese, layering if necessary. Combine the soup, butter and milk and stir well. Spoon the soup, butter, and milk mixture over the cheese and sprinkle with the stuffing mix. Cover; cook on Low for 8-10 hours or on High for 4-6 hours.

Baked Corn
1 can green chillies
1 can whole kernel corn
1 can cream style corn
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup melted butter
2 eggs beaten
2 boxes Jiffy cornbread

Prehat oven to 350. Combine ingredients and put in a 9 X 13. Bake 35-45 minutes.

Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment