Thank you, Maggie for giving me this super sweet award!
From what I gather, this is an award given to bloggers with under 200 followers that is meant to help spread the word about newer, interesting blogs (and make a girl feel really special).
Seeing as how I'm fairly certain my last "official" award was last bestowed upon me back during my collegiate volleyball days, it was super fun to receive this!
So here's what I do next:
Step 1: Acknowledge my Liebster Award giver: Maggie-thank you!! I'm truly honored that such a fantastic, intelligent writer/blogger like yourself enjoys reading my rants. If you aren't already, you really need to start following her blog. It's a great mix of posts on motherhood, adoption, DIY, her love of good books...you know, all that stuff we moms love. I'm thankful to have met her through one of my dearest friends.
Step 2: State 11 random facts about yourself:
1. Disclaimer: I am terrible at coming up with random facts about myself and this will probably end up looking more like a resumé than a random list. I'm a first born (first random fact), and such an overthinker/accomplishment oriented person. I am also probably what you would refer to as a recovering Type A personality. Thank you for not judging.
2. I had three kids in 21 months. And my stomach fo sho looks like it (read: many many many stretch marks).
2. I have two sisters and all of our middle names are 'Kay'. All of our names also start with 'S', so until two of us got married, we all had the exact same initials. Way to be original, mom!
3. I was an English teacher for three years before staying home with my (then) twin babies.
4. Because of #3, I'm what you would refer to as a "grammar snob." This goes way beyond the annoyances of getting their/there/they're mixed up. I just can't help myself.
5. I am a serious night owl. If I could pick one superpower, it would be that I would not require sleep. I absolutely relish the silence of my house at night when I'm the only one awake (like as I type this). :)
6. I love beverages. They really are about 75% of the meal, in my opinion. I need coffee every morning, a glass of red wine if I'm eating steak, white wine if it's pasta, and some type of carbonation if I'm eating pizza or a cheeseburger. I would probably forfeit any of the above dishes if said beverage requirements were not met.
7. I hate drains in all forms. Shower drains, pool drains, kitchen sink drains. I will not, under almost any circumstance touch them with my hands or feet. Ever.
8. I was the 5th, 6th, and 7th grade spelling bee champion. I'm fairly certain this is where my
9. In college while interning for an advertising agency, I was asked (at the last minute) to model for a plastic surgery ad. I'm still assuming I was supposed to be the "before" example? I also was in a crazy hilarious car commercial several years for the same agency (again, at the last minute). My two and, thus far, only moments of fame.
10. My dream job is to be a professional organizer/interior decorator/author. I would take any one of those, but if we're dreaming big, all three.
11. My favorite movie of all time is Little Women. And I cannot wait to watch it someday with my girls.
Step 3: Answer nominator's 11 given questions
1. What is your go-to dance move?
This made me laugh, Maggie! Ummm, running man?
2. Winter, Spring, Summer or Fall?
FALL FALL FALL FALL FALL!!!!
3. If you were one of the 7 Dwarfs, what would your name be?
4. What is your biggest pet peeve?
Since you already know I'm a grammar snob, that probably answers this question. ;)
5. Gold or Silver?
6. What is your favorite book?
Ooh man, so hard to pick just one! The Giver, The Giving Tree, Blue Like Jazz to name a few.
7. What is the greatest marriage advice you ever received?
Two things I remember our awesome pastor who married us saying were: 1. Sex is not everything in a marriage, but it is the barometer that will always be able to measure how good/bad your marriage is at any particular point. And, 2. Never bring your parents into your marital problems. I agree with both wholeheartedly after 5 years of marriage!
8. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?
Italy (ever since reading Eat, Pray, Love).
9. What is your favorite quote/verse/saying?
Impossible to pick one, but one that has been on repeat in my head for the last year or so is "A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor" - a very appropriate one for all moms.
10. Where do you picture yourself in 20 years?
If I'm dreaming big again, traveling all kinds of incredible places while all three of our kids are on scholarship in great schools, since they will all be in college at once. You know, living the sweet life as empty nesters (which is both a devastating and thrilling thought)!
* * * * * * * * * *
Thank you again, Maggie! I'll be coming up with my list of award winners over the next week. Stay tuned!