Sunday, October 20, 2013

Dinner This Week

It's been awhile since I've posted some recipes, and also unfortunately been awhile since I've been intentional about cooking somewhat healthy meals for my family, so I thought I'd share two tried and true ones I plan on making this week for dinner.

Brown Sugar and Balsamic Glazed Pork Tenderloin 
(seriously one of my fave recipes ever, and one of those rare dishes I make that all 3 kids actually really like)






1 (2 pound) boneless pork tenderloin (or regular pork loin)
1 teaspoon ground sage
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 clove garlic, crushed
1/2 cup water

Glaze
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons soy sauce

Directions:
Combine sage, salt, pepper and garlic. Rub over roast. Place in slow cooker with 1/2 cup water. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. About 1 hour before roast is done, combine ingredients for glaze in small sauce pan. Heat and stir until mixture thickens. Brush roast with glaze 2 or 3 times during the last hour of cooking. Serve with remaining glaze on the side.

***Serving with***

(Pioneer Woman) Apple, Pecan, and Blue Cheese Salad with Dried Cherries


Recipe HERE.


Crockpot Orange Chicken

4-5 Chicken Breasts
3/4 C Smucker's Sweet Orange Marmalade
3/4 C BBQ Sauce
2 T soy sauce

Cook chicken for 3 hours on high in the crock pot, drain juices, mix together ingredients and pour over chicken. Cook for another 30 min on high. 

I plan on serving this with rice and broccoli. 

I know you're shocked that both dishes are crock pot ones. Is there another way to make dinner with three little ones?

And depending on my energy level this week, maybe whipping up some toddler muffins and energy bites for the kiddos. 

We also celebrated our almost THREE year olds' birthday this weekend with family and friends (their actual birthday is this Tuesday). It was a crazy fun time. Pictures coming soon!

xoxo







No comments:

Post a Comment