Friday, December 17, 2010

How Do I Love You?

...let me count the ways.


I love you as the sun loves the bright blue days.


I love you as the bee loves a fragrant flower.


I love you as the thirsty duck loves a sudden shower.


I love you as the bird loves a song to sing.


I love you as the walking bear loves the smell of spring.


                                                 I love you as the cat loves a sunny sill.


                                          And as the dancing snowflakes love the winter's chill.


                                               How do I love you? Let me tell you how.


                                                 I love you as the nest loves the sturdy bough.


                                                  I love you as the sea loves the sandy shore.


And as the ancient world loved the dinosaur.


I love you as the wind loves its own sweet sound.


And as our friendly Earth loves to spin around.


I love you as the moon loves each shining star.


                                    I love everything that you will be and everything you are.

Two months with two sweet girls. Can't imagine my life without you, S & C.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment