Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Burke {2} and {3} Months

So I think it's been almost a month exactly since my last post. Sheesh. I truly wish I could find more time these days, but I've been attempting to work out any chance I get during naptimes in an effort to get rid of Burke's baby weight, on top of the 7 or 8 lbs. I hadn't quite lost yet from the girls. I won't give you an exact number, but let's just say I have a long road ahead of me. And this dang time of year that involves candy corn and pumpkin goodies is not helping me in this venture.
But since I'm tired today, I thought I'd put up a few pics and show you all how much our little peanut has grown. And how adorable his pig-tail wearing sisters are these days...

The girls on the first day of MDO

Our growing boy. He's gotten SO much taller in the last month. I think his face actually looks thinner, but he's grown out of nearly all of this 0-3 month sleepers because he's getting so tall!


I can't get enough of this grin. He loves to smile and "talk" to us/squeal all the time.


Hanging out with Daddy in the evening.

I'm kinda obsessed with this picture. Isn't he such a little charmer? ;)

We busted out the play mat this last week. I didn't think he would really notice it much, but he loves to lay underneath the toys, kick the sides and watch them move. The girls also enjoy showing him how to properly play with his toys and pull the elephant so it sings songs. 

We went to a super fun birthday party at Kite Park. The girls got to eat ice cream (out of a cone!) and listen to Spaghetti Eddie. They loved it! I also kinda wanted to ask for their autograph. We listen to their CD almost daily, so I feel like he's about as cool as Usher or Snoop Dogg.

Sophie stole my pistachio ice cream and refused to give it back. 

Campbell and Crew listening to Spaghetti Eddie. 

My little stinker, Sophie.

Fun at the park with Daddy

Crew bear swingin' away

Miss Sophie has apparently inherited her mom's love of pumpkins. If she's awake, she's playing with a pumpkin. She loves telling me they are "orange" and totes them from room to room. I have a bunch of little ones on our mantle that I have to get down for her daily. She loves lining them up on the coffee table or stashing them in her purse. Aaaah, that's my girl. :)

So I got kinda brave the other day and decided to let the girls hold him unassisted. I think Burke is cursing me in his head for that idea...


Campbell and "Burkey boy" (as she calls him).

The last picture I took, Campbell decided to grab Burke's nose and make pig noises. I about peed my pants when I saw this one. Doesn't Burke look so overwhelmed? I have a feeling he will never fully know what "personal space" is...

This morning we enjoyed the gorgeous fall weather and painted some pumpkins with some friends. I'll do a whole post on pumpkins/fall decor soon {this is my way of holding myself accountable :)}.

xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment