Monday, November 22, 2010

Full of Thanks

I'm not sure where to begin with the list of things I'm thankful for this year. Ironically enough, my girls' "real" due date was Thanksgiving Day. I add this to the list of reasons why God has a sense of humor. I have no doubt it was no accident these girls were supposed to arrive on a day we are to remember what we are most thankful for as a continual reminder throughout my pregnancy. Here is just a short list of things I am thankful for this year:

1. Two, healthy, beautiful girls that are growing more and more each day and are as healthy as can be.
2. A superstar husband who has proven to be an even bigger superstar dad.
3. The most incredible moment Kyle and I shared just a few short hours after I delivered our babies where we were both overwhelmed with emotions at the miracles that had just entered our lives.
4. One of my beautiful girls may be starting to resemble her mommy. And the other one is undeniably her daddy's daughter. :)
5. The one pair of pre-pregnancy jeans that I can button and zip. Yes, I have a muffin top and yes, they are very snug. But it's a small victory.
6. We will soon be moving into a gorgeous new home that was built by my unbelievably generous sister and brother-in-law.
7. I get to stay at home to raise my girls.
8. I have the most adorable, hilarious nephew in the world, and I can't wait to meet his brother this Christmas!
9. Aunt Sara and Sam who have showered their neices with so much love. They are so lucky to have such cool aunts.
10. A wonderful family in general.
11. Special friends who bring such joy, laughter, and realness to my life.

Kyle always makes fun of me because at both of our anniversary dinners I have teared up talking about how thankful I am for our life together. I never thought that marriage or having a family would make me as happy as it has made me. I see everyday that my wildest dreams have come true.

I can confidently say that this year, although filled with its fair share of challenges, makes me see once again that my cup runeth over.

Wishing you the happiest of Thanksgivings.

No comments:

Post a Comment