Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Baby Dedications

A few weekends ago, Kyle and I had the girls dedicated at church. It was a fun day we got to spend with our families and meant so much to have them there to support us as we promised to raise our girls to become followers of Christ. Sometimes it seems crazy to me that my babies will someday grow up to be little girls, then young ladies, then someday hopefully moms and wives themselves. It's such a daunting task to think that Kyle and I will be the single most influential people in who our girls become as young women. We can only hope and pray that they come to know the Lord the way we have and know the hope, love, peace, and joy that comes with that. We also chose life verses for each girl. We tried to choose verses that captured what we hope will be our girls' outlook on life and their understanding of how God works in their lives.

Famiy pic before church

For some reason, the pics in church didn't turn out so great. :(

"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest in me." 2 Corinthians 12:9

"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer." Romans 12:12

We are getting excited to celebrate our girls' second Christmas this year (how are they already old enough to have two Christmases under their belts?!) Hoping you all have a happy and blessed Christmas.

xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment