Monday, June 21, 2010

Colorado Bliss

This past week, Kyle and I were fortunate enough to be able to go on a pretty much "free" vacation to Vail, CO courtesy of Chesapeake. It was a wonderfully relaxing vacation with delightfully cooler temperatures. There are not too many things more beautiful than Colorado in the summertime. The days were extremely chill, and at night we were treated to delicious dinners by Kyle's fun Louisiana brokers. Southern folks sure know how to have a good time! I don't think we escaped from a single dinner in under 3 hours. Even though I couldn't fully indugle in the many bottles of wine, it was a lot of fun. We most definitely soaked up every second of it considering it will probably be the last real vacation we go on before these sweet little ones decide to join us. We were even planning our next vacation after the babies get here (Mexico, Tahoe, Napa Valley...) I think it made us both realize how great it was to spend so much time together, just the two of us. Even though we have relatively few distractions while we are in Edmond (yes, this will change drastically soon enough), I think we just tend to get into a rut of everyday life and forget how much we really do like being with each other. These were a few highlights of our "babymoon" (I think this is what people call the last vacation before a baby gets here?) On top of the mountain after our gondola ride. This was probably one of my favorite things we did together. This place we are standing also had stone benches stadium-style in front of us. We found out from some other people up there that they use this spot for weddings. Can you imagine getting married and looking out into that view?!

Belly pic with a breathtaking background! I really wish my iphone camera could have truly captured the beauty of this view.

On our way up the mountain via gondola.

My hunky husband and I by the pool. Gosh I love laying out in fleeces so much more than a swimsuit right now. Did I mention how much this vacation catered to a pregnant girl?

This was my spot every morning until about noon. After breakfast I would sit out on our balcony, sip coffee, and read in the sun. Our resort was by far the most luxurious place I have ever stayed. We found out a few days into our trip that the Arabelle was ranked the 2nd best ski resort in the country last year! In the wintertime you can ski down the mountain right into the resort. Maybe in another life we could afford to come back here in the winter. :)

xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment