Monday, August 15, 2011

Fertility Fridays

Are you confused why I am writing a post called "Fertility Fridays" on a Monday night? Me too. You see, after having babies, my brain has no capability of remembering to post a blog I wrote earlier in the week on the day I was supposed to (you wouldn't believe the things I've had to set an alarm for on my phone to remember) Anyways, it's going to be a little goal of mine to do some type of fertility post each Friday (or whatever day of the week I remember to do it. Alliteration is more fun though, right?) This week, I'd like to share a book I came across on Amazon. I'm very tempted to buy it. It chronicles the journey of 18 couples and how they found their happy endings in various ways. This would have been a great read while we experienced our journey. I love that it also looks like there are many different happy endings to infertility struggles (getting pregnant, surrogates, adoption, "taking a break" or just realizing that maybe you're really not ready for a baby). I remember right before we got pregnant feeling a really calm sense of peace about whatever our outcome would be, and knowing that somehow, someway I would be a mommy, but that I was OK with however God chose for that to happen.


In case you're wondering, there are lots of great books on infertility. Including one titled, Dear God, Why Can't I Have a Baby? (made me tear up just hearing this question). I think it's great to have resources in all forms while going through this difficult journey. 

Perhaps one or more of you might find this helpful. :)

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment