Thursday, August 4, 2011

More recipes...

Since you all make me feel so special and tell me that you have really enjoyed recipes I've posted on here, I thought I'd give you some more. By the way, I promise to only put easy simple recipes that are able to be made with two 9 1/2 month olds tugging on your leg simultaneously (unless they contain pumpkin, in which case you all know I would go to the ends of the earth to make a good pumpkin-containing recipe). So here are a few I've made (and have currently in the slow cooker) recently.

Cheese Dorito Chicken

(Thanks Lauren Warn for this one!)

4 chicken breasts ( bake for an hour 300 degrees) I drizzle olive oil and salt and pepper in foil.

1 can rotel
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of mushroom
Small onion chopped
1lb cheddar cheese ( half goes in mixture other half on top) 
1 lg pkg cheese doritos or any flavor of your choice

Cut up chicken and mix all ingredients except chips and half of cheese. Spread chips on bottom of casserole dish. I crunch them pretty good. Spread mixture on top and top with other half of cheese. Bake for 30 min @ 350.


P.S. This was a big hit in our house! And it reminded me of the delicious Cool Ranch Dorito chicken salad that Susan Ingham used to make for volleyball tournaments. I subsequently think I will now make this salad next week. :) 


Brown Sugar and Balsamic Glazed Pork Loin (In the crock pot)


(I love that this recipe sounds fancy and hard, but requires little more effort than making a PB & J sandwich. BTW have I mentioned how much I love throwing things in a pot to cook all day?)







1 (2 pound) boneless pork loin
1 teaspoon ground sage
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 clove garlic, crushed
1/2 cup water

Glaze
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons soy sauce

Directions:
Combine sage, salt, pepper and garlic. Rub over roast. Place in slow cooker with 1/2 cup water. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. About 1 hour before roast is done, combine ingredients for glaze in small sauce pan. Heat and stir until mixture thickens. Brush roast with glaze 2 or 3 times during the last hour of cooking. Serve with remaining glaze on the side.



*After an hour of smelling this deliciousness cooking in the crock pot, I would try to not be home during the day while this cooks to avoid constant stomach grumbling/mouth watering)


Happy cooking!


xoxo





No comments:

Post a Comment