Friday, January 6, 2012

To Carpe Diem...or not.

I've recently seen several friends post this blog post on facebook, and I finally took a few seconds to read it the other day. Boy am I glad I did. It's like this wonderful woman crawled inside my head (and I'm sure several million other mom's heads) and read my thoughts. Finally! Someone who writes very candidly and hilariously about the fact that we as moms should not feel guilty that most of our days are very hard and tiresome, and it's OKAY to not enjoy every second with our precious pumpkins. I remember feeling very early on in my days of twin parenting (and let's be honest, a lot of days currently) that it was not what I had thought it was going to be. Although my heart overflowed with love for the beauty and magic of my little girls, it was friggin' hard, and tiring, and let's be honest, some days pretty boring and monotonous. But how ungrateful of a mom would I have been to admit that?

So it's with great pleasure that I introduce you to THIS great post. Do yourself a big favor and read it. And also share with as many moms as you can. I hope to start capturing those "Kairos" moments more throughout my day and stop feeling the guilt of not reveling in every tiresome moment.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment