Monday, March 5, 2012

Viva Las Vegas

Well, Kyle and I officially survived our first trip away from the girls. I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised by this vacation. As opposed to every other vacation I've been on, I was actually kind of dreading this one. As much as I knew it was much needed, and perhaps the last one we will be taking for awhile, the thought of leaving the girls for 3 days and 2 nights was really daunting. Would my in laws be completely worn out? Overwhelmed? The girls were both also battling coughs, and Sophie had an ear infection. What kind of mom leaves her sick kids to go to Vegas? However, I have to say that the getaway was an absolute blast, in spite of the fact that I was pregnant and in Vegas (need I say more?). It was relaxing, refreshing, fun, and felt like Kyle and I were on our honeymoon all over again. I got a prenatal massage, experienced the insanely amazing shopping, read, slept in, and went to an awesome Cirque Du Soleil show (that Kyle scored third row seats for).  I actually didn't worry one bit once we arrived and knew the girls were in beyond wonderful hands with my in laws. It truly was a million times more wonderful than I ever imagined it would be, and is definite proof that there is indeed something for everyone in Vegas. In fact, it was so fun, the only pics I managed to take were with my phone. Oops. :) Here's a few random ones...

View from our room (we stayed at The Mirage).

Baby boy and I reading The Hunger Games. Seems silly, but both nights I turned in fairly early while Kyle played craps so I could relax and read for as many hours as I wanted (a luxury I rarely get while home). :)

A few of the items purchased for the girls, and one for baby boy. Poor guy is still taking a backseat to the girls in the shopping department. :)

The last time we were in Vegas, we discovered BLT Burger at The Mirage. It's easily the best burgers we've ever had and the most adorable little retro diner. And the only thing better than the burgers are their milkshakes. Kyle and I's personal favorite would be the twinkie milkshake, or heaven in a glass. We also put $100 on the Thunder and won! I wish I could say Kyle's adventures on the craps tables were equally successful...but no. ;)

Mmmmm.....

Lunch on the strip

And...the bump at 22 weeks taken the morning we left. 

One thing I found interesting about this trip was how much I enjoyed the little things like being able to read my book on the plane, ordering room service, going anywhere, anytime we wanted (no nap schedule to deal with), and of course sleeping in/taking naps. These are all things I would have enjoyed pre-kids, but now they seem like such a luxury. Needless to say, Kyle and I were planning our next vacation on the plane ride home! :)

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment