Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Did you know...

 ...that October is National Pork and Sausage month? Well, if you didn't know, consider yourself now informed. I plan on celebrating this the entire month by eating hot dogs, pigs in a blanket, breakfast kolaches and sausage egg mcmuffins. It's going to be a sacrifice, but heaven forbid I not celebrate this all important occasion. Here are a few pics to whet your whistle...


Let it be known that pigs in a blanket are one of my all-time favorite things in the world. My favorite kind are the type that are the little smokies wrapped in croissants. I like the fact that they are bite-sized, and I can easily dip them into a variety of condiments (aaah, condiments and dips-yet another one of my favorite things). I could easily eat these on a daily basis, but I would most likely start to resemble a real pig and be forced to wear a blanket for clothing.


Ok, if this doesn't epitomize this month's festivities, I don't know what does. My husband sent me this picture and recipe the other day, and I could not stop laughing. If you know anything about Kyle, you know that he is a definite "meat head." I'm pretty sure he could exist on a diet of pure beef, and probably did back in his bachelor days before he had a woman to cook well-balanced dinners for him. These are called Turtle Burgers, by the way, for obvious reasons. If you want your husband to love you even more than he already does, you should surprise him with these on game day (or a night where you plan on telling him about a rather large online purchase, but I'm not speaking from experience). I personally think they look a bit un-appetizing and would like some carbs to balance them out, but I'm pretty sure they are most men's dream come true. See below for recipe.

Handmade ground beef patties, topped with sharp cheddar cheese, wrapped in a bacon weave, then the next step, add hot-dogs as the heads, legs with slits for toes and tail.



Next step. Place on an oven rack, covered loosely with foil and baked for 20-30 minutes at 400 degrees. A little crispy, not too crunchy...just how a turtle should be, no?

What will you do to celebrate this month?

Happy m-eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment