Friday, November 8, 2013

Fall Fun & Halloween

I've said it once (or twice, or a gazillion times?), and I'll say it again, FALL RULES! There's been a quote floating around that says, "I'm so happy I live in a world with Octobers." Oh how I couldn't agree more with that. Celebrating the birth of our girls, Halloween, pumpkin patches, incredible weather, the anticipation of Thanksgiving and Christmas, how can this not be one of the most exciting times of the year? 

A few days before Halloween, we finally made it to a pumpkin patch. We had a busy October, but it was lovely to drive just a short 15 minutes to the Wings Pumpkin patch in Edmond (all of the other ones are at least a 30 minute trek!). This pumpkin patch also doubles as a great fund raiser for a great organization supporting special needs young adults, a few of which were so eager and excited to help our kiddos play some of the games and partake in the fun activities they have. It was quick, easy and fun for all. 

Sophie enjoying the hayride

At least I attempted to get a pic with one of my kiddos?

The girls playing with their favorite people on the planet.

Pretty comical watching Kyle try to squeeze into the kiddie sized pumpkin cars.

This picture kills me. Campbell a little leery of how this moving pumpkin thing is going to work out, Kyle obviously super comfy. Oh the things we do for our kids...

Giant pumpkin photo op

My oh-so-squeezable little love, decked out in his fall best.

Sophie the ferocious pink dragon is ready to terrorize the neighborhood on Halloween. Yes, she came up with this costume entirely on her own. Are we shocked? 
Thank goodness for Etsy and this great little shop!

Trick or treating fun with our second cousin and neighbor, Buzz Lightyear.

The dragon needed her baby for our Halloween photo shoot. I pick my battles wisely.

Princess Cinderella twirling.

I could gobble up that puppy booty.

For about an hour on Halloween Sophie thought she might go trick or treating as a princess, too. But being three and all, she of course changed her mind. 

Cutest puppy I ever did see.

And our Sophie girl, yet again being the goofy ham she always is. 

We also had some friends over for some pre-Halloween festivities, but I couldn't get those photos to load for some reason (boo). All in all, the girls had a great time this month celebrating all things pumpkin, birthday, dressing up, and trick or treating. 

Bring on the Turkey and Santa!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment