Thursday, September 2, 2010

Fixating...

I don't know if it's pregnancy, not having a job, not having my own house to take care of, or all of the above, but lately I have had this bizarre tendency to obsess over things related to my house. I think I do this because pregnancy makes me slightly neurotic, and also because I feel like my life will be consumed by diapers, bottles, and all things baby in a few months-which will leave me with little to no time/concern for what my house looks like after we move in. And, we won't exactly have money to burn on household decorative items I want. I so desperately wish I was one of those people who is patient enough to decorate their house little by little, but I'm so not one of those people. So, consider this my "cramming session."

My recent obsession of the week has been curtains. I think that curtains really complete any room and add so much warmth. I have a tendency to be really picky when it comes to these while at the same time being somewhat economical. I don't have to tell anyone reading this that curtains add up quick. I know I will end up having some made due to awkwardly sized windows in our house (cha-ching, cha-ching). So my plan is to spread out ordering/making these over the next several months so that they are ready to hang when we move in. Crazy? I know. Here are a few ideas...


Sigh...I'm in love with these curtains for our kitchen. But, as luck would have it, they do not make one wide enough to fit the middle window. I don't know why I keep torturing myself looking at them. Since I'm thinking these will have to be made, hopefully I can find a similar fabric to this.



I really am leaning toward something pretty simple for our living room. I like the above ones (and not only because they are on sale right now at PB) in this color, ivory, or green.


And I just really like this little tie back from Ballard's. Since we are going to do something pretty neutral in the living room, I'm thinking about getting these to spice up whatever curtains we do get.

Kyle is taking the day off tomorrow (yeah!), and we plan on doing some major decision-making as far as house interior goes. So I'm sure I will be making a similar post later on about tile, faucets, carpet, or something equally as exciting.

Pray for me...

1 comment:

  1. I am so jealous! I want a new house to decorate! :) Um...and I LOVE your choices! I can totally show you how to make roman shades like those, looks pretty easy. We'll have a sewing party, I've been telling Sara I'd teach her too :)

    ReplyDelete