Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Judge away...


Dear pregnancy:

You take away sushi, alcohol, unpasteurized cheeses (Ok, I don't know what these are but don't think I eat them), roller coasters, sleep, advil, my sexy body (Ok, if I had one before, it would be gone), and I'm sure other things I can't think of. If you want to know the truth, some days I want someone to give me a trophy or public recognition for doing good things for my body 24/7. While pregnancy is incredible and a gift, it's also not for the faint at heart. One thing I refuse to give up, that many pregnant women would cast me off into the group of women that abuse prescription drugs and cocaine while pregnant for drinking, is coffee. More specifically, iced coffees from Starbucks. Truth be told, judgers, if you do the research, as long as you do not consume more than 300 mg of caffeine a day (2-3 cups of coffee), it is totally and completely fine (if I remembered how to "cite" a work in a research paper, I would here). But still, I've seen many a noble preggo proudly display her cup of decaf as if to show the world that she refuses to expose her fetus to the evils of caffeine. Perhaps I say all of this to make myself feel better. Perhaps you will now tell your friend about "this girl" you know that drinks (gasp) caffeinated coffee frequently while with child. But while you're doing this, I'll be at Starbucks. And a little more perky, at that.

Cheers. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment